Is new commercial cleaning technology worth it? These tech trends are ready to prove their value.
You’ve seen the ads full of promises that some new commercial cleaning technology will save you time and make you more money. No doubt, some of these claims are true. At one time, the vacuum cleaner was new technology. Can you imagine using a broom and dustpan on every single section of flooring?
Meanwhile, other tech trends are just that – trends. Remember Google Glass? But the right technology truly can help us work more efficiently and safely. It’s largely a matter of determining how likely any product is to improve your circumstances and then whether or not the price is right.
Harness the advantages of Janitorial Manager to enhance your overall service and customer support. Learn more today with a free discovery call and find out how to make your work more efficient and more profitable!
Commercial cleaning technology worth paying attention to
1. QR codes: QR codes aren’t the newest commercial cleaning technology around, but they are growing in popularity in our new limited-contact world. QR codes make it easy for your team to get cleaning checklists and schedules, and at the same time, your customers can scan the code and learn the details of when and how an area was last cleaned.
2. Janitorial management software: There is so much that janitorial management software can help with. This commercial cleaning technology isn’t even really a trend at this point; it’s a must-have. The right software can help you provide on-site bids, track inventory, communicate with customers and your team, track employee hours, manage work orders, take care of your schedule, conduct inspections, and so much more.
3. Electrostatic sprayers: If you haven’t come across these yet, you will soon enough. This technology exploded in popularity in 2020 and is still on the rise. Electrostatic sprayers can more evenly disinfect large areas such as office buildings and classrooms.
4. UV-C disinfection: This commercial cleaning technology is trending, but it might not be as effective as it’s made out to be. One big reason for this is that there are some nuances to using the light. It’s not a matter of just waving a UV-C wand through the air, and all the pathogens are suddenly gone. Factors such as the type of virus or bacteria, intensity of light, and distance all impact the amount of time it takes for UV-C light to work. This one is potentially worth investing in, and they are proven to work well in the right circumstances, but proceed with caution.
5. Robots: Don’t get the wrong idea here. These robots aren’t the kind of commercial cleaning technology that will walk around like a human. We aren’t even talking about anything like robot dogs here. However, there are robot cleaners that you can program for efficient, effective floor cleaning. In the right situation, they could be worth investing in, giving your team the time and space to take on other tasks.
6. AI: Artificial intelligence (AI) and robots are often lumped together, and there can be good reasons for that. But AI is just machine learning, and it can be applied to anything from your coffee machine to speech recognition software. One AI trend gaining ground is customer chat functions on commercial cleaning business websites.
7. Antimicrobial surface coatings: Here’s a commercial cleaning technology trend you may want to pay attention to. Antimicrobial surface coatings do appear to work, whether manufactured into a surface material or added after the fact. You can read more about them in Are Antimicrobial Surface Coatings Actually Effective?
8. Social media: While not specifically a commercial cleaning technology, social media channels are a great marketing tool for cleaning businesses. To begin with, they’re free, so the ROI is unbeatable. Add some before and after pictures to your favorite platform, hashtag your locality (#Seattle or #Harrisburg or even a region like #TriStateArea), and let people see your work.
These innovations might not all be the right ones for you, but all of them are worth their place on this list. They can, in fact, save you time and money, and improve your business.
If you are ready to bring your cleaning organization to the next level, take advantage of a free call with Janitorial Manager to see how our software can make you a more successful janitorial operation.