As a building service contractor, you have a lot to keep up with. That’s why you need the best task management tools for the job.
If there’s one thing you need as a building service contractor, it’s organization. Especially in a large building or multi-building campus, you need to keep up with everything from regular maintenance and service requests, to ordering supplies and scheduling. With so many moving parts, you can’t afford to lose time with tools that aren’t going to help you get the job done. You need the best task management tools available.
Of course, a good old-fashioned planner can work. There’s something about the physical act of writing down a list of tasks and marking them off as you complete them. The problem, of course, is that you can’t very well share your planner with your team.
The other thing to keep in mind is that a number of management tools are built for office work such as research, software development, or sales, and not necessary for cleaning organizations. As you shop for the right tool, you’ll need to pay attention to all the features offered and determine if they align with your needs.
The good news, however, is that many online management software tools offer free trials, so it’s easy to take things for a test run and see if they work for your situation.
If you’re ready to bring your cleaning organization to the next level, take advantage of a free call with Janitorial Manager to see how our software can make your janitorial operation more successful!
The 5 Best Task Management Tools to Make Your Job Less Stressful and More Efficient
1. Janitorial Manager. Naturally, we have to mention Janitorial Manager here. This software is built specifically for janitorial teams and building service contractors. Nothing in the software is retrofitted; Janitorial Manager is built from the ground up as an all-in-one solution for all your tasks, from scheduling and time tracking to work order management, inventory, and inspections. JM helps you communicate easily with your customers and with your team, offering built-in translation so that everyone can receive messages in their preferred language. You can create and adjust task lists on the go and use real-time reporting to ensure your team is working efficiently. The many benefits JM has for users make it one of the best task management tools in the cleaning industry today.
2. Google Sheets. If you’re looking for something simple, Google Sheets is about as straightforward as it gets. You won’t get time tracking or fancy reports, but this tool will give you a basic way to track tasks and jobs. Since it’s online, you can share it with as many people as you want. It’s also free. Whether or not it’s one of the best task management tools for you may depend on how complex your operation is. However, it’s worth looking into.
3. Whiteboard. We’re going entirely old-school here, but let’s be honest, sometimes you just want a big, visual picture of what needs to get done and who is working on what. If you have a central meeting space for your team, a whiteboard and a few dry-erase markers might be just the thing. While this might not be a great choice if you have numerous new tasks each day, a whiteboard can be an excellent option if most of your tasks repeat. You could even get fancy and set up one whiteboard for daily tasks, one for weekly tasks, and a third for monthly tasks or larger projects.
4. Monday. Jumping back into the software solutions, Monday is a project and task management tool based on visual boards. You can assign tasks to specific people, indicate the priority or due date, and use color-coding to easily see what stage your task is in, such as “in progress” or “done.” Monday offers four different user levels, plus a fifth enterprise level, and you can try it out for free.
5. Toggl. Toggl prides itself on simplicity. With drag-and-drop project scheduling, workload visualization, and a clean interface, Toggl is about as user-friendly as you could ask for. Just like your favorite hard copy planner, you can look at the daily, weekly, or monthly view of projects and tasks. As an extra helpful aspect, you can even send schedules and project timelines to clients right through the app. Toggl offers a 14-day free trial and two user tiers.
Remember, the best task management tools are the ones that will best meet your specific day to day cleaning needs.
Harness the value of Janitorial Manager to grow your business like never before. Learn more today with a free discovery call and find out how to make your cleaning business more efficient and more profitable!