If you work in the commercial cleaning industry, or any part of the cleaning industry, you are part of a large, ever-increasing, ever-changing group. There is even an international association dedicated to networking the service industry around the world, sharing knowledge with service providers for over 94 years! This may not mean much, especially if you have a smaller business without a lot of competition around you, but it’s an important fact to keep in mind. This amalgam of different types of cleaning companies all have one thing in common – your goal is to be the best at what you do and provide the best customer service to your customers. The one thing that will set you apart from the other companies around you is finding your niche – what type of cleaning is your strong suit? Which part of your process has the most success? When customers give praise, what are they praising? If you’re seeing a theme in your answers, then that’s probably where you should focus your time and effort. But once you’ve figured that out, how do you grow your business or increase your success? What can you use to improve what you do?
Cleaning Management Software
One of the best tools on the market these days are CRM software products – a program dedicated Customer Relationship Management. If you don’t have customers, you don’t have a business, right? So managing your clientele well should be at the top of your priority list. Once you know your strengths and you find your niche, it’s time to focus on what you can provide for your customers that separates you from your competitors. Whatever area you choose, a CRM designed specifically for a cleaning company is the route you should go. Because a CRM program could cover many industries, you want to find one that will fit your company, one that will intuitively handle and process the information you input so you don’t have to constantly worry about the details – let the software handle them for you!
and let our experts show you how we can benefit your business.
Start Your Search
When trying to find the best cleaning management software, you need to look for a few specific attributes that will enhance what you’re already doing so you can do more with your time. Here are 5 things your cleaning management software should be able to do:
- Increase Organization – Put better plans in place with improved organization. You can purge the paper from your office, you can have everything you need available to you right away (on any device, anywhere), and any time you may have found yourself wasting shuffling schedules, calendars and budget analysis spreadsheets can be saved for more important things, like following leads to find more clients and making more money!
- Simplify Employee Management – You couldn’t do your job without your employees. Whether you have two or twenty people to supervise or manage, there’s always improvements to be made in management. But improvements don’t have to be difficult – you can house all of your employee information in your CRM, keeping their personal details confidential. You can track training levels, customer feedback, and job descriptions for each of your employees, which will improve efficiency and help your team feel more secure in their job.
- Scheduling Assistance – Ah, scheduling…for a lot of managers, it’s the bane of their existence, especially if you have a lot of employees or a lot of clients to manage. But with an intuitive calendar feature, multiple routine scheduling options, and the ability to schedule appointments, jobs, work orders, and inspections in one place, your schedule can be the easiest part of your day-to-day business. There’s also live timekeeping options, so you can see when your employees check into a job and when they finish in real time, so your schedule won’t fall behind without you knowing about it right away.
- Inventory Management – One of the areas where cleaning businesses lose the most money is with their inventory. According to a report by Wasp Barcode, up to 43% of smaller businesses either don’t track their inventory or they’re reliant on an old school method (pen and paper, spreadsheets) to keep track of what goes in and out of their inventory. This can leave your business open to some nasty threats, like employee theft, or will leave you stranded with wasted capital. But if your inventory is tracked electronically, you can know with one click what you have, how many of each item, what each item costs you, how often each item is used and when you may need to reorder.
- Budget Maintenance – Your budget is one of the most important things to your business. If you are continually in the red, it’s hard to maintain any amount of success or even to keep going. Feeling like you’re failing is not the way to run your business, but trying to keep up with your cost versus your budget on paper is time-consuming and cumbersome. Once again, cleaning management software can assist you with maintaining your budget – you can analyze your costs to fit your budget because you have all of the pertinent information in your hand. Because you have your client list available at the same time, you can see which clients bring you the most profits and which ones don’t. It’s easier to stay in the black when your financials are organized.
Take the CRM Plunge!
Managing your cleaning business doesn’t have to be hard – it’s time to improve the quality of your work (and your life) with cleaning management software. At Janitorial Manager, we have created a usable, intuitive CRM to benefit any service company, but we have designed specific attributes that will serve a commercial cleaning company in the best ways possible. Give us a call today or set up a free demo. Your future self will thank you!