Create, Assign and Track Janitorial Jobs…and Save Money!
Why did you enter into the janitorial cleaning business? Was it to make money? Because it was something you’re good at? Maybe you inherited the business from a family member? Whatever the reason, you’ve committed to this industry and everything that goes along with it. That will typically include a whole lot of change – the commercial cleaning industry is constantly changing! The tips and tricks that worked 5 or 10 years ago are obsolete now, the amount and type of inventory you have to have on hand has changed, and whether your company has grown or not, you’ve had to deal with employee or client turnover more than you’d like to admit. But one thing has stayed the same – janitorial jobs are the base of your business. You can have all the greatest tools, people, and inventory, and maybe you’ve handled the constant change well, but without janitorial clients to work for, your business would be sunk. So if janitorial jobs are that important, how can you improve the way you handle them? What if you could save time and money AND do a more proficient job with your janitorial clients? Enter janitorial management software.
Make Friends with Change
Because the world of janitorial cleaning services changes regularly, it can be hard to keep up. It’s hard to initiate change, especially if you’ve been in this business for a long time and are used to handling things in a certain way. But as you look around, you’re seeing more and more competition for fewer jobs, which brings pause – how do you compete? How can you set your business apart? This is where janitorial management software can help tremendously. Imagine being able to have everything you need – every bit of information for clients, your updated inventory list, your available employees, an at-a-glance calendar with everything you have scheduled listed – all in the palm of your hand. Seems too good to be true? It’s not!
Start with the Schedule
When it comes to your business, the main area of frustration is probably scheduling – trying to keep up with each client, knowing your employee’s schedules, handling inspections, keeping tabs on who needs what and when…it can be a real headache. But with janitorial scheduling software, you can handle all of that with an easy-to-use user interface on any device you have. Here are a few things this type of software can help you with:
- Routine scheduling – Users can create recurring cleaning schedules for clients and assign employees to those schedules. This is especially helpful if you have multiple clients on certain days, or if you have an employee who does well with one specific client. You never have to wonder if you’ve remembered to schedule a specific job, and you can eliminate scheduling conflicts.
- Color-coded calendar – You can assign a color to each client, each employee, or for inspections and jobs so you can take one look and see what you have available in your schedule.
- Live timekeeping – If you struggle with over or underestimating the amount of time needed for a job, or you aren’t sure whether or not your employees are handling their time keeping properly, you can use live timekeeping so you know when a job was scheduled, started and finished, how long the employee was there, etc.
- Online scheduling – If your level of productivity wanes because you’re trying to do too many things by hand or you’re not as organized as you should be, utilizing a janitorial management software program to schedule your janitorial jobs online can help. Because your staff is probably used to online portals for different websites, using a scheduling software with online access will be an easy and useful change for you to make.
- Tracking – Janitorial scheduling software isn’t just to help you track work orders or jobs. You can also use it to track revenue and expenses, supply lists, costs and vendors, employee training, and more.
Ready for More?
Using a tool like Janitorial Manager may seem like a challenge at first, but when you look at the pros and cons, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. And this type of software does much more than what we have listed here – if you’re interested in learning more about a janitorial software specifically designed for companies like yours, give us a call at Janitorial Manager. We can provide you with best software program for your money, give you personal customer service and an affordable price, and give you the peace of mind you need to move your janitorial company into the future with confidence. Request a demo today!