True or false: Your cleaning company employees are attached at the fingertips to their smartphone. Easy to answer, right? Let’s personalize it a little further… True or false: YOU are attached at the fingertips to your smartphone. When you realize the truth of those two statements, it’s easy to agree to that using a messaging app would support the success of communication in your cleaning company.
Cleaning Company Communications: By the Numbers
These days, phone calls are now often thought to take up too much time during the day. Even skimming an email may be an inconvenience. Instead, mobile messaging has become the preferred method of communication.
- Almost 9 out of 10 consumers globally (89%) desire to use messaging to communicate with companies they do business with
- Only 5 out of 10 businesses (48%) are adequately equipped to provide messaging to their customers
- Millennials prefer messaging over email when engaging with a business
- Messaging is 3 to 8 times more preferred over face-to-face communication across all generations
- 85% of consumers would choose to reply to a message from a business if given the opportunity
- 2 out of 3 consumers worldwide use mobile messages to exchange information with each other and with businesses
Your cleaning company and your customers are not exempt from these statistics.
Why Use A Messaging App?
- It’s Trackable Everything that is sent/received is threaded together in an archivable conversation. This feature helps ensure proper context, accountability, and timestamped messages. Having this content available for later reference and all in one place is incredibly useful.
- It’s Super Simple These days, your customers and staff can check their mobile messages from their phones, tablets, and even their watches! Messages are expected to be short, sweet, and to the point, without being fancy, formal, or superfluous.
- It’s Asynchronous This is a fancy word that means both parties don’t need to be available at the exact same time. It’s not like a phone call or a video chat. You can send the message, knowing that when the recipient is available, they’ll be able to get the update. It’s convenient and an immediate channel of communication.
Ways a Cleaning Company Uses Messaging Apps
While mobile messaging is familiar, simple, and fast, when your cleaning company uses a messaging app it can be used for so much more than typical SMS texting. Not only does the app keep all communications readily available in one place for you to review, monitor, and respond to, but it also lets you keep your staff and customers engaged with what’s happening in your cleaning company, including:
- Appointment confirmations/reminders
- ETA updates
- Last minute scheduling changes
- Work orders and tag work assignments
- Urgent notifications
- Delivery statuses
- Service delays
- Order confirmations
- Customer service (“How can we help?”)
- Providing verification codes or login information
You can also use messaging to let your customers know about new products and services and can answer their questions and respond to their concerns smoothly and promptly.
Keep Your Cleaning Company Connected
Transitioning between calls, emails, texts, and even handwritten notes makes communication complicated. If you’re ready to nix the juggling act, consider a commercial cleaning messaging app. Ronald Haulman is one of many business owners who has discovered the value of utilizing a messaging app to keep business rolling. “If you had asked me to text customers 15 years ago, I would have told you that 13-year-old girls text message, and there was no place for it in a professional setting,” Haulman said. “But now, I would be entirely wrong. Customers want to know things and they don’t always want a phone call if they can get their answer in a text. Even our older customers are more okay with us sending them a text. They really like it.” His customers are clearly pleased with his messaging approach, and so are his employees: “My staff is reporting higher levels of efficiency by using Messenger because they are not getting on the phone and having long phone calls… we are able to give the customers what they want, when they want and do it very quickly.”
Grow Your Business with Effective Communication
To learn how you can save time; establish a strong, professional, streamlined approach to effectively communicating with your team and customers; update your team’s schedules quickly and easily; engage with your millennial employees and customers in a medium they’re familiar with; and give feedback and manage problems… connect with Janitorial Manager today for a FREE demo of an affordable, state-of-the-art messaging app that’s perfect for your cleaning company.