Work Orders Need to Work
Now, not all those little pieces of paper are related to work orders, but when you either don’t have a proper process in place for handling work orders, or you’re used to using inefficient ways of remembering the information for a work order (i.e. the pad of sticky notes next to your phone), you can see how utilizing a new, organized, electronic format for handling work orders could clear your office of the paper surplus. Work orders are what your business is built on – no work orders means no work. And you may have a great work order form or template that you use to compile all of the necessary information, but think about the process: You get a phone call from a client. You know you need to grab a few different things in order to handle the details – a work order form, your calendar, maybe an inventory list, an invoice sheet, your employee list to see who is available for the job, etc. You may condense all of that onto just the work order form, but then you’re stuck trying to write down all of the details in the short amount of time that the client is on the phone, and we all know that even one missed detail could make or break that job. What if you had the option to organize, schedule, track, and invoice for the work order, and have open communication with the client, all in one place, all at one time? It almost sounds too good to be true! But all of that can be done with work order management software – you have the power to really make your work orders work for you!
Why Work Order Software?
If you’ve been in the commercial cleaning business for a while, and you’re used to using paper products as a means of managing work orders, you may be thinking that changing your process would be harder than doing all of the steps you’re currently using. But if you’re using work order software, the process would look very different…
The phone rings and a client needs to request a work order.
- Whether you’re at the office, at home or out on a job, you can pull up your work order software any time, on almost any device. This type of software is usually cloud-based, so it’s available to you at all times.
- You have every part of the process right in front of you:
- A color-coded calendar for scheduling the work order and the inspection
- Every detail for that client
- A list of available employees
- An inventory list that shows you what was used for each job for that client
- Any and all pricing options and payment history, including invoicing the new order
- You can track every part of the process in real-time
- The client can utilize their client portal if they need to communicate with you at any point during the process.
- The list of work orders can be sorted however makes the most sense for you, and you can immediately see what stage each work order is at (quoted, scheduled, invoiced, etc.)
- You can also see the history of work orders for each client, how things were handled, whether or not there were any problems, which keeps you in control if anything goes awry.
Ready to Purge?
Because work orders are the lifeblood of your business, handling them well should be at the top of your priority list. If your work order process needs an upgrade, and you’re ready to purge the paper, work order software is the choice for you! At Janitorial Manager, we are committed to provide you with the best software program to streamline your business. Our goal is to help you automate your cleaning operations so that you have more time, you can make more money and you can keep your clientele happy (and loyal!) Our software offers you much more than just work order management – give us a call or request a free demo today!