You’ve launched a cleaning business – Congratulations!
By now, you’re aware that this venture is not for the faint of heart. The late nights, difficult customers and keeping up with the physical demands of the cleaning work itself; you have definitely stepped in it now! You’ll need a good work ethic, a steady stream of cleaning supplies and the ability to manage operations efficiently. But more than anything, you’ll need clients!
So, let’s take a quick look at how you can truly set yourself up for success with clients from the get-go:
Each client you take on will have different needs and requirements. This means that when you are prospecting new clients, you’ll need to ask lots of questions and take thorough notes during the walk through.
Some of the questions that you’ll need answers to may include:
- How often will cleaning be needed?
- What is the square footage of the spaces being cleaned?
- Are there any unique needs or cleaning specifications that we should be aware of?
- Do you have a current vendor you order your paper supplies through? Or will we need to provide those, as well?
Questions like these will aid you in your bid preparations, and will also help you take some of the guesswork out of calculating costs.
In addition to questions about the bid proposal, each client will have unique requirements on how they want their facility cleaned. So you’ll also need to ask clients questions like:
- Do you have specific hours when the cleaning crew is allowed to be in the building?
- What are the details regarding the alarm/security system?
- Do you have preferences regarding cleaning crew uniforms or name badges?
- If cleaning occurs during business hours, how do you anticipate our crew interfacing with your clientele?
Knowing (and then providing!) exactly what your clients are looking for is incredibly important! Not only will it help you avoid mishaps and errors that could cost you customers, but it gives you the opportunity to exceed their expectations! This means you will need to be able to easily track and communicate each client’s unique needs efficiently and effectively to your staff.
Gone are the days of clipboards and notes scribbled on paper. Instead, online portals and tablet or smartphone apps have become the best practice. Utilizing smart technology is the best way for you to keep your staff on the same page and your clients happy. A quality facility service software can help you customize to-do lists for your cleaning team to keep them on-track and help your office be more organized, accurate and productive… which will lead to more efficiency and increased profits!
When deciding what software to choose, be sure to look for systems that allow you to:
- Coordinate ongoing business
- Track reselling consumables
- Provide bid assistance
- Receive client work orders
- Customize inspection sheet templates for each facility
Are You Set Up for Success?
As you’re launching your cleaning business, be sure to do your research and get set up with a facility service software program that will effectively support your operation retain the customers that you will be serving.
Connect with Janitorial Manager to learn more about our facility service software, or schedule a FREE DEMO of our management software. Discover how you can increase your ability to meet your clients’ needs, starting TODAY!