Maybe you’ve been considering buying a janitorial software for your business. To help you understand its value, let me ask you these five questions…
- When your customers ask you a question regarding the quality of your last inspection of their facility, are you able to provide an accurate answer immediately?
- If you want to know which of your customers is the most profitable for your bottom line… can you check that out in mere minutes?
- Can you guarantee that you’re getting the best use of overtime hours from your employees’ schedules?
- Do you know if (or why) your supplies are being used at an exorbitant rate?
- Are you able to consistently record personnel information (complaints, no-shows, compliments, training, discipline, etc.) to use as a basis for promoting, rewarding or terminating employees?
If you’re still using paper files or simply attempting to customize a spreadsheet to serve your needs, you’re missing out on the ability to quickly and easily accomplish all of the above and more!
Spreadsheets vs. Janitorial Software
When it comes to using spreadsheets, the entries and formulas you’re using are only as accurate as the one who is responsible for data entry. If you’re constantly coming up with numbers that don’t make sense, it’s likely because you make a minor mistake that has been locked into place and is compounding the incorrect information … the information that you use to make major business decisions!
Recent studies have revealed that up to 88% of spreadsheets contain errors. Spreadsheet risk expert and professor of IT management at the University of Hawaii, Ray Panko says, “Spreadsheets, even after careful development, contain errors in 1% or more of all formula cells. In large spreadsheets with thousands of formulas, there will be dozens of undetected errors.”
Spreadsheet risk expert, Grenville Cross says, “One in five large companies have suffered significant financial losses due to spreadsheet errors.” This is often because a single manual error made in one cell of the sheet can quickly cascade throughout the rest of the sheet undetected and taint the rest of the information entered.
So, instead of attempting to manage your business via highly fallible, manual-entry spreadsheets, use a janitorial software that is specifically designed to seamlessly integrate the apps that are made for accepting, processing, and producing the information you need. You’ll find that errors are much less prevalent and you’ll be much more likely to make solid business decisions based on factual data.
The Choice is Yours
In any industry, it’s important that you’re able to access real-time reports that allow you to track your key performance indicators (KPIs). Sure, you could attempt to recreate the reports that come standard (and easily customizable) in a quality janitorial software. But with so many moving parts and pieces within your business, it would be a nightmare for you to attempt that with a spreadsheet!
This leaves you with three options:
- You can choose to do without that vital information
- Accept the headache of wrestling with the figures and information yourself, or
- Consider a cloud-based janitorial software
Take Advantage of Janitorial Software
Hopefully, your business is growing. As it does, the amount of data you should be tracking and analyzing is also ballooning! When you can take advantage of the wealth of information available to you through a quality janitorial software, you will be better equipped to make well-informed decisions regarding the function and future of your business; streamline and enhance your operations; discover new opportunities for growth; improve your sales, and cultivate a strong competitive advantage.